Most kids love sugar and dislike brushing their teeth. Those traits don’t make a good combination when it comes to children’s oral health. However, it’s important that your children establish proper oral hygiene at an early age to avoid dental problems in their youth and adulthood.
Good oral health should start long before your kid’s teeth even emerge, because teeth can be affected even before they are visible. You need to take care of your little one’s mouth early on to:
- Prevent decay and painful cavities in primary teeth.
- Allow for proper chewing and talking.
- Shape your child’s face and smile.
- Ensure correct growth and placement of adult teeth.
- Protect immature adult teeth from cavities.
- Encourage lifelong healthy eating and drinking.
- Contribute to overall health and development.
The effects of having a strong foundation of oral health go well beyond childhood. Good habits started when your children are young and continued as they grow lead to these desirable results:
- Strong and healthy permanent teeth
- Better spacing and alignment of teeth
- Decreased chances of dental disease
- More attractive smile and appearance
- Longer-lasting teeth
- Improved overall health
Don’t Underestimate the Important of Early Oral Care
When you help your children care for their teeth properly, you give them a solid foundation for enduring oral health. Having a healthy mouth supports health in other areas, too, and increases confidence and overall well-being. Go here to find a pediatric dentist in Cary to start the journey of good oral care for your kids.